My First Personal Experience With Math Kangaroo


        To be honest, I thought that Math Kangaroo was just another Mathcounts. However, I would soon be proved wrong. Mathcounts is mainly based around problem solving in a mathematical way, whilst Math Kangaroo is more centered around logic.
        Earlier this spring, on my first practice exam, I got an 87, which is not bad, however, it's far from being a national winner. To be a national winner, I needed to practice a lot more. And I did. I gradually got better the more tests I completed, which reflects the old saying, practice makes perfect.
        Now that I am humbly ranked as the 2021 national winner with the 18th score in the competition, I would like to recommend some tricks for you and me on the next Math Kangaroo competition if it is to your interest.
        One way to practice is to refine your logic and reasoning skills. For example, Chess or any other logical thinking exercise is a good way to prepare for Math Kangaroo.
        Another important thing is to pace your exam well. Take your time if you were too fast. Skip the questions you don’t know and go back to them later.
        Hopefully my blog today would help you and me to do better on the next Math Kangaroo competition! Good luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Most Devious Cheat At the Olympics

Su Bingtian