The Doorway Effect

      

        Have you ever walked into a room looking for something, only to forget what you were looking for? When you start concentrating on something else, you suddenly remember? This strange phenomenon is known as the doorway effect, which actually happened to me yesterday!

Fortunately, there is an explanation. The doorway effect happens when you enter a different room. Psychologists say walking into a new room creates a mental block in your brain, which makes you lose your concentration, resulting in you forgetting what you wanted to do.

The doorway effect occurs to many people like me around the world. Now while I am taking a break, hopefully I will still remember what I plan to do in a moment! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Most Devious Cheat At the Olympics

Su Bingtian